: Function split() is deprecated in /home/ingeting/framenotincluded.com/words/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/googleanalytics.php
on line 413
Ok, so Eric requested some intel on what settings I used for the
“It was a dark and stormy night…” image.
Basic EXIF data
Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: 60mm f1.8
Exposure: 1/3200 sec at f3.2
The image was taken at a wedding. I got bored waiting for the happy couple to come out of church so I started to look for something else to occupy my camera with.
I spotted these cool looking clouds when I turned around. Armed only with my 50mm, the best comp I could squeeze out of it was to add the threes quite high up. There was a lot of unwanted clutter below it, and did not suit the shot at all.
What I did in Lightroom
The before image is quite dull and has no real contrast to it, and I wanted to create something a bit dramatic. So I raised the Temperature a bit and tinted it in a greenish color. The exposure is dropped a little. Recovery, Fill light and blacks are boosted a lot. Numbers reading 64,73,50 on those three.
Clarity is boosted to 62, and saturation set to -61. Green saturation is set to -100, and saturation for Aqua is set to -65. No spit toning.
A little sharpening and noise reduction and Lens correctiion (Vignette) set to -60 with a midpoint at 27. Just to get the extra dramatic feel around the edges.
So there you go. What looks like a dramatic, late night image from the woods, is actually taken in broad daylight outside a church. That’s really why I post-process my images. I want to create a mood. Im not a good enough photographer to take the perfect picture, and export it straight out of the camera.
Comments and questions are more than welcome.